Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Marius Day 5: We Are Clothed!


















Somehow this happened over the last seventy two hours. There are a few loose ends to tie up on the doublet and the pants (because I'm completely lazy when it comes to finishing touches like linings tacked down and cuffs hemmed) but at least you can get the general gist here. I don't know about you guys but for me, at first glance, it's like "What in the living hell?!" and then at second and third, it's just generally offensive. But that's fine because Marius is a generally offensive type of dude. As proof, here's a passage from the Empire codex:

"The short-lived crusade of Baugard the Rash of Parravon in 2512 [was undertaken] to avenge an insult done to his infamously ugly wife by the visiting Count of Averland."

That's my boy.

Don't know if I'm sold on the pants or not yet. Once I get my giant black dragoon boots together with this, I think they will work. If not, then it's Pants Round Two, where they will be made with a purple base and the same alternating black and yellow stripes of the doublet.

But there are some spurs on the way! Chekkit out!












These were the most unique, un-Western-looking ones I could find and with some giant spur straps, they just might do the trick.

Marius is complicated to costume, not going to lie - he's got to look (and act) like the love-child of Jack Sparrow and Emperor Maximilian yet have an obvious lethality to him. I think this will come through better once the cuirass is finished and I've got the giant Runefang slung across my back. One thing at a time, one thing at a time...

Stay tuned for a play-by-play on the doublet construction in a day or two because it was an adventure unto itself. At one point, there will also be a lengthy expose (+ art) on the life, character, and times of Marius Leitdorf in a seperate section because the hours spent hunched over the sewing machine have spawned an unfathomable amount of fangirlish fluff.

Now do I brave the outside world in search of food or continue my hermit-like existence in the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment